Sunday 6 March 2016

Solar Eclipse (Astronomy Events part-3)

Well my last post was that i won't write any posts till my exams, but I am happy to say that I couldn't control myself because of the upcoming Solar Eclipse( March 8-9,2016). Personally I am very exited about this event, maybe because I missed the Venus Transit  of 2012. So, now let's come back to the topic, some points you all need to remember, if you want to experience the eclipse, are:-
-The eclipse will begin at 23:19 UTC on March 8, 2016, and its maximum point will take place at 01:59 UTC on March 9, 2016. Totality will last for 4 minutes and 9 seconds.
-The total solar eclipse would be visible from parts of Indonesia and some locations in the Pacific Ocean. Observers from East Australia, Southeast Asia and East Asia will observe a partial eclipse.

Locations from which the eclipse would be visible, the time will be the same but will depend on the local time.(source:Google)

Some precautions that need to taken care of:-
-If you love your eyes and don't want lose them then don't forget to wear a proper eye protection.

- If you are viewing it via a telescope then never ever look directly through a naked eyepiece, use a solar filter or the best way is the projection method( placing a sheet of paper in front of the eyepiece and viewing the image projected on the sheet)

-You can also use a pinhole camera to observe the eclipse.

So be prepared and don't forget the date and time and at last take care of your eyes!!!

By : Aviral Srivastava
Find me on Instagram : avirals_22
For queries related to the eclipse write to me at : aviralsrivastava12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment