Wednesday 17 February 2016

Gravitational Waves Detected

I think I am late with this post , because I was busy in my exams, but still the news is not that old!!.
Till now most of you would have some information about this, yes, it may sound like a dream!, but it's true. The LIGO team  has detected gravitational waves!!!. I think it is the greatest discovery of this century, this would change our current perspective of the universe. This  discovery would revolutionize the whole world of astronomy!.

It has been once again proved that Einstein  was the greatest man ever, there is nothing left on which we can say that he was wrong. All of his theories have been proved, though it took a century for us to do that, but that's just another sign which shows he had the greatest thinking power!
An illustration of ripples being generated when two black holes collide.
As shown in the picture above, the LIGO team has detected these ripples due to a minor displacement in the the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) detectors, at their lab in Washington, and that displacement was just half the diameter of a nucleus!!!. 
Diagram of the LIGO aperture
For more information watch the video below.

Written by : Aviral Srivastava

Find me on Instagram : avirals_22
Emal me at : aviralsrivastava12@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment